Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Themeword 2010: Grow



Happy Holidays! I hope you've enjoyed your feasting and are excited to start 2010. I've just heard of Themewords today, and since I'm all about language and all about precision, I already love them. It's a word to guide your year; a forward-looking version of the Word of the Year (WotY). WotY gives a backwards glance to new words and usages of import. Just for a taste of the exciting WotY action, bailout was last year's WotY, and beat out terrorist fist job. Surprise, surprise!

Anyway, I know that I have very little time to pick a Themeword before 2010 comes around, but I already have one, as do many others. Erica has picked hers (transition), and Tara has picked hers (achieve).

Inspired by some word art, I've pulled together a Wordle of Themewords from twitter to date. Aren't word clouds pretty!?!

Drumroll, please... My Themeword of 2010 is grow. Like an eggplant, like a tomato, like a family or a thought, I'm looking forward to it! Grow 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment